EED Featured Research
Energy Efficiency & Renewable EnergyHighlights Archive
A new, energy-efficient air chilling system could keep troops on the front lines cool while using about half as much diesel as current systems.
An enhanced battery technology that can potentially reduce the time it takes to charge cell phones, electric vehicles and other battery-powered devices from hours to minutes is the subject of a commercial license agreement between Battelle and Vorbeck Materials Corp.
- GridLAB-D: A one-of-a-kind energy grid simulator
- New small solid oxide fuel cell reaches record efficiency
- Landings, a news publication for Maine's lobster industry, cited PNNL research examining the potential effects of electromagnetic frequencies from offshore wind and tidal power projects on lobsters.
- Study: Algae could replace 17% of U.S. oil imports
- Upgrading bio-oils — the next step in developing renewable fuels