Steven Ross won an award for his poster on spent fuel rods at the International Symposium on the Packaging and Transportation of Radioactive Materials.
Reid Peterson was elected a Fellow of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) for his significant professional accomplishments in nuclear waste processing.
- Trucks, Trains, Ships, and Cranes: Tracking Transportation Stress and Vibration
Multinational team measuring stress on simulated spent fuel during shipmentDecember 2016
- PNNL Scientist Recognized by DOE Office of Nuclear Safety
William Ivans acknowledged for contributions to safety softwareOctober 2016
- Keeping Fast Reactor Steel in Shape
Advanced oxide dispersion strengthened (ODS) ferritic alloys are potential top candidate materials for components that need exceptional resistance to radiation-induced swelling and creep.June 2016
- Mining Uranium from Seawater
Advances announced in special issue of Industrial & Engineering Chemistry ResearchApril 2016
- Thallapally Presents Metal-Organic Framework Research
Invited presentation delivered to DOE's Fuel Cycle Technologies subcommitteeApril 2016