A PNNL team led by Tara O'Neil was recognized for their support of sustainable management of nuclear waste. DOE's Nuclear Energy Deputy Assistant Secretary Andy Griffith wrote to the PNNL team, thanking them for the work they performed that allowed DOE to complete an important report.
Nicole Overman captured a microscopic image of a tungsten-copper alloy, garnering her 3rd place in a science-as-art competition. Overman captured the image with a Scanning Electron Microscope, and added color to the image to show details.
- Steven Ross Wins Distinguished Poster Award
Poster praised for technical and communication excellenceMarch 2017
- Researcher Elected Fellow of American Institute of Chemical Engineers
Reid Peterson honored for professional accomplishments in waste processingFebruary 2017
- Trucks, Trains, Ships, and Cranes: Tracking Transportation Stress and Vibration
Multinational team measuring stress on simulated spent fuel during shipmentDecember 2016
- PNNL Scientist Recognized by DOE Office of Nuclear Safety
William Ivans acknowledged for contributions to safety softwareOctober 2016
- Keeping Fast Reactor Steel in Shape
Advanced oxide dispersion strengthened (ODS) ferritic alloys are potential top candidate materials for components that need exceptional resistance to radiation-induced swelling and creep.June 2016
- Mining Uranium from Seawater
Advances announced in special issue of Industrial & Engineering Chemistry ResearchApril 2016
- Thallapally Presents Metal-Organic Framework Research
Invited presentation delivered to DOE's Fuel Cycle Technologies subcommitteeApril 2016