Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
PO Box 999
Richland, WA 99352
Mr. Rinker was named acting Manager of the Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy market sector within Pacific Northwest National Laboratory’s Energy and Environment Directorate in August 2011. In this role, he is responsible for development and execution of EED’s strategy in buildings and Federal Energy Management Programs; biomass; vehicle, fuel cell technologies, and advanced manufacturing; and renewable energy and Federal Energy Management programs. Mr. Rinker most recently served as the technical group manager for Engineering Mechanics and Structural Materials, consisting of more than 60 staff, as well as relationship manager to the DOE Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy’s fuel cell technologies and advanced manufacturing. Additionally, he served as the project manager for the Micro Combined Heat and Power Fuel Cell Deployment project and until recently led the Hanford Underground Storage Tanks Structural Integrity project in support of the Hanford site.
- Karri NK, MW Rinker, KI Johnson, and SK Bapanapalli. 2012. "Refinement of Modeling Techniques for the Structural Evaluation of Hanford Single-Shell Nuclear Waste Storage Tanks." In WM2012: Improving the Future in Waste Management, February 26 - March 1, 2012, Phoenix, Arizona, p. Paper No. 12288. WM Symposia, Tempe, AZ.
- Valdez PLJ, and MW Rinker. 2009. "Material Open Test Assembly Specimen Retrieval from Hanford's Shielded Material Facility." Transactions of the American Nuclear Society 100(1):664.
- Fellinger AP, MW Rinker, EJ Berglin, RL Minichan, MR Poirier, PA Gauglitz, BA Martin, BK Hatchell, E Saldivar, OD Mullen, NF Chapman, BE Wells, and PW Gibbons. 2009. EM-21 Retrieval Knowledge Center: Waste Retrieval Challenges . PNNL-18356, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA.
- Rinker MW, SP Pilli, NK Karri, JE Deibler, KI Johnson, JD Holbery, OD Mullen, and DE Hurley. 2009. "Structural Integrity of Single Shell Tanks at Hanford - 9491." In Waste Management for the Nuclear Renaissance: Waste Mangement Symposium 2009; March 1-5, 2009, Phoenix, Arizona, pp. 978-986. WM Symposia, Tucson, AZ.
- Rinker MW, and TJ Samuel. 2001. "Overview of Remote Retrieval Equipment and the Strategy for removal of Radon Bearing Waste from Silos 1 and 2 at the Fernald Site." In American Nuclear Society 9th International Topical Meeting on Robotic and Remote Systems. Session 2a--Underground Storage Tanks--General., p. 10 pp American Nuclear Society, La Grange Park, IL.