Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
PO Box 999
Richland, WA 99352
Mr. Rinker is the Manager of the Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy market sector within Pacific Northwest National Laboratory's Energy and Environment Directorate. In this role, he is responsible for development and execution of EED's strategy in buildings and Federal Energy Management Programs; biomass technologies; vehicle technologies, fuel cell technologies, and advanced manufacturing; and renewable energy. Mr. Rinker's prior roles include serving as the technical group manager for Engineering Mechanics and Structural Materials, consisting of more than 60 staff, as well as relationship manager to the DOE Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy's fuel cell technologies and advanced manufacturing programs. Additionally, he served as the project manager for the Micro Combined Heat and Power Fuel Cell Deployment project. His expertise extends to environmental cleanup, in the areas of underground storage tank structural integrity and remote systems for waste cleanup. Mr. Rinker holds a bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering and a master's degree in Applied Mechanics, both from the University of Wyoming.
- Karri NK, MW Rinker, KI Johnson, and SK Bapanapalli. 2012. "Refinement of Modeling Techniques for the Structural Evaluation of Hanford Single-Shell Nuclear Waste Storage Tanks." In WM 2012: Improving the Future in Waste Management, February 26 - March 1, 2012, Phoenix, Arizona, p. Paper No. 12288. WM Symposia, Tempe, AZ.
- Karri NK, MW Rinker, KI Johnson, and SK Bapanapalli. 2012. "Refinement of Modeling Techniques for the Structural Evaluation of Hanford Single-Shell Nuclear Waste Storage Tanks." In WM2012: Improving the Future in Waste Management, February 26 - March 1, 2012, Phoenix, Arizona, p. Paper No. 12288. WM Symposia, Tempe, AZ.
- Fellinger AP, MW Rinker, EJ Berglin, RL Minichan, MR Poirier, PA Gauglitz, BA Martin, BK Hatchell, E Saldivar, OD Mullen, NF Chapman, BE Wells, and PW Gibbons. 2009. EM-21 Retrieval Knowledge Center: Waste Retrieval Challenges . PNNL-18356, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA.
- Rinker MW, SP Pilli, NK Karri, JE Deibler, KI Johnson, JD Holbery, OD Mullen, and DE Hurley. 2009. "Structural Integrity of Single Shell Tanks at Hanford - 9491." In Waste Management for the Nuclear Renaissance: Waste Mangement Symposium 2009; March 1-5, 2009, Phoenix, Arizona, pp. 978-986. WM Symposia, Tucson, AZ.
- Valdez PLJ, and MW Rinker. 2009. "Material Open Test Assembly Specimen Retrieval from Hanford's Shielded Material Facility." Transactions of the American Nuclear Society 100(1):664.
- Rinker MW, and TJ Samuel. 2001. "Overview of Remote Retrieval Equipment and the Strategy for removal of Radon Bearing Waste from Silos 1 and 2 at the Fernald Site." In American Nuclear Society 9th International Topical Meeting on Robotic and Remote Systems. Session 2a--Underground Storage Tanks--General., p. 10 pp American Nuclear Society, La Grange Park, IL.