Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
PO Box 999
Richland, WA 99352
Evan Jones is the manager of the Energy Science and Technology Projects for the Energy and Environment Directorate at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory.
Mr. Jones oversees a portfolio of over 200 projects with total annual expenditures of over $60M/year in the area of energy security, energy efficiency, renewable energy and electric grid infrastructure. The projects support government and commercial clients.
Mr. Jones joined Pacific Northwest National Laboratory in 1986 and has been involved with developing and demonstrating several chemical process technologies from concept to deployment and commercialization. He lead proposal teams and performed technical sales and marketing to a variety of government and industrial clients. He managed large research and demonstration projects for DOE and DoD clients. He managed technical groups in material science, catalysis, microtechnology and biomass. He was the business leader for one commercialization spin-off and process design and economics manager for another.
Education and Credentials
- M.S., Washington State University, Chemical Engineering, 1986
- B.S., Washington State University, Chemical Engineering, 1980
- Holladay JD, EO Jones, RA Dagle, G Xia, C Cao, and Y Wang. 2005. "Miniaturization of a Hydrogen Plant." Chapter 10 in Microreactor Technology and Process Intensification, ACS Symposium Series, vol. 914, ed. Yong Wang and Jamelyn D. Holladay, pp. 162-178. American Chemical Society, Washington, DC.
- Cao C, Y Wang, JD Holladay, EO Jones, and DR Palo. 2005. "Design of Micro-Scale Fuel Processors Assisted By Numerical Modeling." AIChE Journal 51(3):982-988.
- Xia G, JD Holladay, RA Dagle, EO Jones, and Y Wang. 2005. "Development of Highly Active Pd-ZnO/Al2O3 Catalysts for Microscale Fuel Processor Applications." Chemical Engineering and Technology 28(4):515-519.
- Holladay JD, EO Jones, RA Dagle, G Xia, C Cao, and Y Wang. 2004. "High Efficiency and Low Carbon Monoxide Micro-scale Methanol Processors." Journal of Power Sources 131(1-2):69-72.
- Holladay JD, J Wainright, EO Jones, and SR Gano. 2004. "Power generation using a mesoscale fuel cell integrated with a microscale fuel processor." Journal of Power Sources 130(1-2):111-118.
- Holladay JD, Y Wang, and EO Jones. 2004. "Review of Developments in Portable Hydrogen Production Using Microreactor Technology." Chemical Reviews 104(10):4767-4789.
- Cao C, G Xia, JD Holladay, EO Jones, and Y Wang. 2004. "Kinetic Studies of Methanol Steam Reforming Over Pd/ZnO Catalyst Using a Microchannel Reactor." Applied Catalysis. A, General 262(1):19-29.
- Holladay JD, EO Jones, DR Palo, MR Phelps, YH Chin, RA Dagle, J Hu, Y Wang, and EG Baker. 2003. "Miniature Fuel Processors for Portable Fuel Cell Power Supplies." In Solid State Ionics--2002 : Symposium held December 2-5, 2002, Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.A. / Materials Research Society Symposium Proceedings, vol. 756, ed. Philippe Knauth and Hubert A. Gasteiger, pp. 429-434. Materials Research Society, Warrendale, PA.
- Holladay JD, EO Jones, MR Phelps, and J Hu. 2002. "High-Efficiency Microscale Power Using a Fuel Processor and Fuel Cell." In MEMS Components and Applications for Industry, Automobiles, Aerospace, and Communications, Proceedings of the SPIE, vol. 4559, ed. H. Helvajian, J. W. Siegfried, F. Laermer, pp. 148-156. SPIE- The International Society for Optical Engineering, Bellingham, WA.
- Jones EO, JD Holladay, ST Perry, RJ Orth, RT Rozmiarek, J Hu, MR Phelps, and CE Guzman-Leong. 2002. "Sub-watt Power Using an Integrated Fuel Processor and Fuel Cell ." In Microreaction Technology, IMRET IV - Proceedings of the Fifth International Conference on Microreaction Technology, ed. M. Matlosz, W. Ehrfield, et al., pp. 277-285. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, , .