Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
PO Box 999
Richland, WA 99352
Dr. Lee joined Pacific Northwest National Laboratory’s Energy and Environmental Directorate in 2008 after her post doctoral training in PNNL’s Fundamental Sciences Directorate. She is currently working on development of catalysts for stabilizing and upgrading bio-oil. Dr. Lee is focusing on syntheses and characterization of homogenous/heterogeneous catalysts. She also prepares noble materials for fuel cell and biosensors.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. Inorganic Chemistry, University of Idaho
- M.S. Environmental Science, University of Idaho
- B.A. Interdisciplinary, University of Missouri-Columbia,
- Wang H, SJ Lee, MV Olarte, and AH Zacher. 2016. "Bio-oil stabilization by hydrogenation over reduced metal catalysts at low temperatures." ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering 4(10):5533-5545. doi:10.1021/acssuschemeng.6b01270
- Norton JR, T Spataru, DM Camaioni, SJ Lee, G Li, J Choi, and JA Franz. 2014. "Kinetics and Mechanism of the Hydrogenation of CpCr(CO)3·/[CpCr(CO)3]2 Equilibrium to CpCr(CO)3H." Organometallics 33(10):2496-2502. doi:10.1021/om4012399
- Koech PK, J Zhang, IV Kutnyakov, L Cosimbescu, SJ Lee, ME Bowden, TD Smurthwaite, and DJ Heldebrant. 2013. "Low viscosity alkanolguanidine and alkanolamidine liquids for CO2 capture." RSC Advances 3(2):556 - 572. doi:10.1039/C2RA22801G
- Yan L, DD Laskar, SJ Lee, and B Yang. 2013. "Aqueous phase catalytic conversion of agarose to 5-hydroxymethylfurfural by metal chlorides." RSC Advances 3(46):24090-24098. doi:10.1039/C3RA43293A
- Elliott DC, SJ Lee, and TR Hart. 2012. Stabilization of Fast Pyrolysis Oil: Post Processing Final Report . PNNL-21549, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA.
- Koech PK, DJ Heldebrant, SJ Lee, JE Rainbolt, and TD Smurthwaite. 2011. "Synthesis, characterization and application of alkanolamidines and alkanolguanidines in CO(2) capture." In 241st National Meeting and Exposition of the American Chemical Society, March 27-31, 2011, Anaheim, California, vol. 241, pp. 48-FUEL. American Chemical Society, Washington, DC.
- Appel AM, SJ Lee, JA Franz, DL DuBois, and M Rakowski DuBois. 2009. "Free Energy Landscapes for S-H Bonds in (Cp2Mo2S4)-Mo-star Complexes." Journal of the American Chemical Society 131(14):5224-5232. doi:10.1021/ja8093179
- Appel AM, SJ Lee, JA Franz, DL DuBois, M Rakowski DuBois, and B Twamley. 2009. "Determination of S-H Bond Strengths in Dimolybdenum Tetrasulfide Complexes." Organometallics 28(3):749-754.
- Franz JA, SJ Lee, TA Bowden, MS Alnajjar, AM Appel, JC Birnbaum, TE Bitterwolf, and M Dupuis. 2009. "Activation of the S-H Group in Fe(µ2-SH)Fe Clusters: S-H Bond Strengths and Free Radical Reactivity of the Fe(µ2-SH)Fe Cluster." Journal of the American Chemical Society 131(42):15212-15224.
- Appel AM, SJ Lee, JA Franz, DL DuBois, M Rakowski DuBois, JC Birnbaum, and B Twamley. 2008. "Formation and Reactivity of a Persistent Radical in a Dinuclear Molybdenum Complex." Journal of the American Chemical Society 130(28):8940-8951. doi:10.1021/ja078115r