Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
620 SW FIFTH AVE, SUITE #810
Portland, OR 97204
Cheryn Metzger has worked at PNNL since 2014. Mrs. Metzger primarily supports the Department of Energy's (DOE) Building Technologies Office and focuses on large scale energy efficiency programs in residential and commercial buildings.
Prior to joining PNNL, Mrs. Metzger worked for NREL as an engineer and research coordinator for the Building America Program. In addition to overseeing dozens of projects related to minimizing the risks of highly energy efficient buildings, Cheryn specialized in developing simulation and field test protocols for a wide range of stakeholders. Mrs. Metzger has also supported a variety of efforts related to translating fundamental research results into information suited for general audiences. She has enjoyed organizing market transformation efforts such as outreach programs, website development and multi-track technical conferences.
- Energy Efficiency Program Design and Implementation
- End-user Focused Program Management
- Whole Building Performance Measurement
- National Scale Simulation and Field Protocols
Education and Credentials
- M.S. Mechanical Engineering, University of Washington
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, University of San Diego
- B.A. Liberal Arts, University of San Diego
- Professional Engineer (PE)
- Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design Accredited Professional (LEED AP)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Metzger CE, S Rashkin, and P Huelman. 2015. Guidelines for Building Science Education. PNNL-24143, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA.